Thursday, August 7, 2008

O.A.R. Success Stories / Anna



It's been a little over 2 years now since I adopted Anna. We have certainly come a long way. The first 3 days were spent under the sofa. Then for pretty much the rest of the year she stayed in one place in the kitchen and only went into the utility room to her "potty rug" and occasionally into the great room.

Then as the second year progressed, she stayed mostly in the great room and would occasionally venture down the hall and peek into the bedroom, but rarely would come in. Now, into our third year, she not only is sleeping most of the time at the foot of the bed on the cedar chest, but spends the rest of her time on the back of the sofa or on her back on the floor with legs spread eagle. When I am sitting on the sofa she either has her tail or a paw on the back of my neck so she can keep track of me. When I am knitting, I keep the yarn in a plastic bag so it stays cleaner and less hairy. She insists that she lay on the plastic bag (she loves anything that crinkles). And, last week, for the first time, I tipped my head back at her when we were on the sofa, and she head butted me twice in affection!!

She is living the life that I wish all kitties could live.

Thank you once again for letting this little one adopt me.

--Sue

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is great that she is feeling so loved and comfortable now! One suggestion that has helped when we adopted a shelter cat and he stayed under the bed was adopt another.....as soon as he saw that cat he came out and become social and willing to accept us "humans" too! They are the best of buddies now and the plus side is TWO cats get to be loved! Good luck,