Thursday, January 3, 2008

Cat Lost in Mt Lookout Area

1/8/2008 Update! Otis has returned home safe and sound!

DARK CHARCOAL GRAY (ALMOST BLACK)? MALE CAT ABOUT 3 YEARS OLD. ANSWERS TO OTIS. HAD ON A BLUE COLOR WITH WHITE FISH WITH OWNER'S INFORMATION.

-----------------------Important Info for Those With a Lost Pet!----------------------------------

Hi there,

Thanks for updating the blog spot with the great news about Otis! I wasn't sure if you wanted to add any details as it may help other cat owners who are missing their furry little family members.

Otis was finally found by a woman who lived in a large apartment building behind my house. I had searched all over what I knew to be his turf and had hung several signs on that particular building. But, because the doors were locked, I could never get in to look around.

I had already asked all of my neighbors to check their garages, sheds, etc., but had not been able to get access to that building. Somehow he had gotten in there and was locked in a storage/utility room in the lower level basement. Thankfully, a very kind cat owner (of course!) finally heard his crying and didn't ignore it or assume it was someone else's cat just whining.

He had no food or water for 9 days, but thankfully got a clean bill of health at the vet today. His liver and kidney function is okay - he's quite a trooper!

No comments: